- ½ cup dry rice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup ALMA English breakfast
- 2 TBS crushed black peppercorns
- 1 TBS whole coriander seeds
- 4 slices fresh ginger root
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- ½ pound (8 oz) LC boletus
- 4 large cloves of garlic finely chopped
- Reduced sodium soy sauce to taste
- About 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- Fresh chopped chives or thinly sliced scallion greens.
Line wok with foil and place the smoking mixture (rice, sugar, tea, peppercorns, coriander, ginger root, cinnamon, bay leaf and cloves) in a mound in the center of the foil in the wok. Toss lightly to coat the mushroom with the garlicand soy sauce. Grind a good dose of black pepper over them and mix lightly to distribute the pepper evenly. Set a wire rack in the wok and place a tight fitting lid on top of the wok. Heat wok over a high flame until wisps of smoke appear when you briefly lift the lid. Reduce the flame to medium. Quickly place the mushrooms on the rack in the wok and replace cover. Smoke about 5 minutes (less if you prefer a less smoky taste). Remove mushrooms and place into a bowl to let stand at room temperature. Adjust seasoning as needed with salt and pepper to taste. Top cooked whole wheat pasta or ramen noodles with the mushrooms and sprinkle the dish with chopped chives or thinly sliced scallion greens. Serve immediately. Yields 4 Servings.